Due to the forecasted weather, the Easton Area High School Band Concert on Saturday, January 18 has been canceled. This decision was made after much thought and consideration, keeping the safety of all students, families and audience members first and foremost.
Our students have worked incredibly hard over the past several weeks preparing this concert music. While we will not hold a physical concert, we will be sharing videos that we recorded at our rehearsals during the past two days so you can take part in the work our students have been doing in class. Additionally, we will also be sharing pictures of our year so far, as they have achieved so much throughout the year. Within the past 3 months, our band students:
- Competed at 2 competitions (earning 3 caption awards of Best Drum Major, Best Brass, & Best Music)
- Participated in 2 parades (earning 1st place in both events)
- Conducted seating auditions & started our work on concert band literature
- Performed in all Thanksgiving Week festivities, including 7 elementary pep rallies and our annual breakfast for the seniors!
- Held our Fall Orchestra concert with guest soloist Kim Cook
- Held our Winter Wind Ensemble & Orchestra ConcertsTraveled to Florida to perform in front of a crowd of 61,000 at the Gator Bowl & at Universal StudiosStarted our basketball pep band season
- The videos and pictures will be posted Saturday, January 18 for you to enjoy.
Thank you for your continued support of music in the Easton Area School District and we hope to see you at our Spring concerts:
- April 29 – Wind Ensemble
- May 8 – Orchestra
- May 15 – Band
We are looking forward to welcoming our 8th grade instrumental music families to the high school next year! We will be holding an informational night for you and your student on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the EAHS Instrumental Music Room. Enter through the main entrance of the high school. This meeting is for all 8th grade instrumental music students, including instrumentalists and color guard students.
The purpose of the meeting is to familiarize yourself with our high school music program. You will receive information regarding dates for next year, hear from current high school instrumental music students, discuss scheduling, learn about upcoming 8th grade evaluations, and opportunities for the 2020 – 2021 school year. More information is available on the 8th grade instrumental music flyer, which includes quotes from current high school students and pictures from this past year.
If you are unable to attend, please email Mr. Ballentine at email@example.com by Tuesday, January 21 so we can plan accordingly.
Sportswear is ready to be picked up! If you placed an order, stop by EAHS on Tuesday, December 17 from 5:15-6:15 p.m. in the main lobby. Easton Rover mats and IMA wear also will be on sale during this time.
Keeping with tradition, this will be another exciting Turkey Week for EAHS. Below are some of the major activities for our Instrumental Music Program students.
Pep Rallies at Elementary SchoolsThree groups of marching band members, cheerleaders, and football players to visit schools
Powder Puff Game Pep BandPep band report to Cottingham at 5:30 p.m.
Easton/Pburg Band DanceMarching band students report to EAHS at 5:30 p.m.; concludes at 8 p.m.
— Luau theme
EAHS Bonfire ParadeReport to EAHS at 4:30 p.m.
Thursday “Turkey Day”
Easton/Pburg Thanksgiving Day Football GameReport to EAHS at 8 a.m.; Return to EAHS around 1 p.m.
Peace Candle LightingChamber Strings report to Grand Eastonian Hotel at 10:30 a.m.
Come and join our EAHS Jazz Ensemble for a wonderful night of jazz and holiday music! The Jazz Band is sponsoring its first holiday concert titled, “Christmas…and all that jazz.” The concert is scheduled for Saturday, December 14 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the Easton Area High School Instrumental Music Room.
Admission is free, but donations are greatly appreciated! Cookies, milk, and hot cocoa will be available while you listen to some great jazz music. All proceeds will benefit the EAHS Instrumental Music Program. No RSVP is required.
We’re excited to host our biannual craft show this Saturday, November 16 from 9:00am-2:00pm at Easton Area High School.
- Over 150 vendors will be selling their wares.
- We have so many vendors that we are holding the show in four hallways and not three.
- Enter through the cafeteria doors.
- Expect some good eats at the food court.
- This public event is a big fundraiser for the IMA.
Donations needed for the food court
To help make this a successful day, we are in need of some items to be donated for the food court. If you can help, please sign up for whatever item(s) you’re able to provide.
Food court features
- Pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwiches
- Burgers and dogs
- Pulled pork sandwiches
- Soups and chili
- Walking tacos
- Fruit salad
- Walking S’mores
- Baked goods
Check-in reminders for our vendors
- Check-in time is from 7:00-8:30am. Please don’t enter the building prior to 7:00am.
- Volunteers will be available to assist you with off-loading.
- Please check-in before setting up. You will receive at check-in:
- Your space assignment
- A menu from the food court
- A coupon for a free hot drink and doughnut per purchased space.
- Your numbered display slip for our Treasure Hunt. We encourage you to participate as this brings our patrons to all spaces in search of their matching number. The Treasure Hunt also serves as a fundraiser for us to benefit all instrumental music students at EAHS.
- After unloading, please park your vehicle as far from the entrance as possible. This will allow visitors to park closer to the entrance.
- You may begin breaking down your setup at 2:00pm, but no earlier. Volunteers will be available to assist you.
You may contact Regina Gangemi at firstname.lastname@example.org or (484) 894-4729.